The BCS programme is a external study programme offered under the regulation of the Senate of Serampore university. It is four years extension education programme and is conducted through contact seminars. This course is offered with an aim to equip Christian professionals with academic skills for an in-depth understanding of Christian faith, history, doctrines and practical dimensions of ministry to interact with their neighbors and professional colleagues in their common quest for meaning of life.
The academic year for BCS course is January to December. A candidate is expected to submit the application form by 31st October every year prior to commencing the study. The Registration Form should be submitted along with the following documents.
- Academic certificates or mark sheet copies of academic qualification
- Certificate of birth registration or other acceptable evidence of date of birth and the candidate must be ready to supply additional information and references that may be considered desirable in support of his/her application.
- Church membership certificate.
- The candidate shall give in writing that he/she is not doing any course under any university/institution at the same time.
- Application submitted without any of the above will be rejected.
A candidate at the time of admission to the BCS degree course shall fulfil the following requirements:
- Minimum qualification – Bachelor degree or as stipulated by the Senate for BCS
- A holder of Bachelor Degree from a recognised University
- A candidate should have passed 10+2 with 2 years of ministerial/work experience.
- A candidate should have passed 10 th class and cleared matured candidate exam (as per the existing policy) of the Senate with 2 years of ministerial/work experience.
- A candidate should have passed Dip.C.S. or Dip.BT with 2 years of ministerial/work experience.
Application Submission Dates:
Last date for Registration Form – October 31
Registration with late Fee – November 30