The B.Th. programme is a internal study programme offered under the regulation of the Senate of Serampore university. This course is offered with an aim to equip candidates for the exercise of Pastoral Ministry of the Church. The course emphasizes study of Bible, Christian Faith, History of Christianity, and Religions with their missiological implications in the context of a pluralistic world. The practical work provides opportunities for involvement in ministerial practice, exposure to socio-cultural and religious situations with a view to bring integration in the total learning experience. It is three and half year to four years programme.
Admission requirements for the B.Th. Degree Course:
The minimum requirements as determined by the Senate of Serampore College are mentioned below.
- He/she has completed 18 years of age.
- A candidate who has passed 10+2 Higher Secondary examination (12th or PUC or PDC with a total of 12 years of schooling starting from standard one) or its recognized equivalent programme (e.g., Diploma courses (after completing 10th standard) with a minimum of two years duration, such as ITI, Nursing, Hotel Management etc., recognized by the Govt. Education Department, considered to be equivalent to 12th standard).
- He/she has passed 10th class and should have done two years of further study in a theological or secular institution and should have experience in Christian ministry or any public service.
- A mature candidate is one who:-(1) has attained 25 years of age; (2) have minimum qualification of 10th standard; (3) have three years of ministerial experience; and (4) have passed “Mature Candidate Entrance Examination” of the Senate of Serampore College (Mature Entrance Examination held in the month of October/ November, for that Examination Papers Registration have to be done on or before within 30 May).
- He/she has completed Dip. C.S., with Qualifying English papers BOS11 and BOS12, shall be enrolled in the 2nd year of 3 year B.Th. degree programme.
- He/she has completed Dip. B.T., with Qualifying English paper BOS11 and BOS12, shall be enrolled in the 2nd year of 3 year B.Th. degree programme.
Application Submission Dates:
Last date for Registration Form –July 15
Registration with late Fee –July 31